Regular oil and filter changes can add many miles to your vehicle.
There are different viscosities for oils and the oil used in your vehicle should be the viscosity that the manufacturer recommends. Multi-viscosity oils are designed to adjust their rate of flow (weight) based on outside and inside engine operating temperatures. A viscosity rating of 5W20 means that the winter flow rate of the oil is 5(thinner) than the summer rating 20(thicker).
The characteristics of synthetic oil are:
- Chemically fortified to withstand the rigors of the internal combustion engine environment.
- Highly resistant to viscosity breakdown from heat, friction, & chemical contamination
- Flows better in colder temperatures
- Provides superior lubrication and protection in hot weather when most oils will breakdown under intense heat
- Only need to change synthetic oil every 5-6,000 miles
This isn’t your standard oil change. Whether your vehicle needs conventional, high mileage, synthetic blend or full synthetic oil, Jupiter’s Economy Tire & Auto Care Oil Change is a comprehensive preventive maintenance to check, change, inspect, flush, fill and clean essential systems and components of your vehicle. Our ASE professionally trained mechanics go over a visual checklist to diagnose potential problems and plan any upcoming manufacturer recommended maintenance.
Five quarts of quality motor oil
Inspect Key Components:
Antifreeze/coolant reservoir levels
Engine air filtration system
Brake fluid level (in transparent reservoirs)
Chassis (lubricate when applicable)
Check and Fill:
Differential/transfer case fluid
Power steering fluid
Windshield washer fluid
Battery water (excluding sealed batteries)